- For breakfast the Romans would have bread or a wheat pancake with dates and honey.(I love pancakes.)
- The Romans sometimes eat with their fingers, so the food had to be cut up small because they didn’t have cutlery.(They did have spoons for soup.)
- The Romans liked a fish sauce called liquamen. It was made with fermented fish, salt, and water.
- They brought food over from other countries in their empire.
- The Romans grew a lot of their own vegetables.
- The Romans loved to drink wine and water served in jugs.
- Did you know, that the rich Romans could afford to eat lots of meat, such as boar and wild pig.
- They also ate lots of different types of birds, such as chicken, geese, and pigeons.
- The rich Romans would be fed food by their slaves.
- The popular fruits were apples, figs, grapes and pears.