- Did you know 18000 years ago most of Britain was covered in a layer of ice and glaciers.
- The Earth has been warmed by about one degree in the last century.
- For a long time people have been burning quite a lot of oil and gas, when they are released into the air they make an invisible blanket and that’s what warms the Earth.
- The climate change is effecting the polar bears, the ice they live on is melting.
- Also, the climate change can change the flavour of your tea.
- The climate is making the rainfall in Kenya a lot less predictable.
- You can help prevent climate change by walking instead of using a car and switching off electrical items when your not using them.
- The coldest temperature ever recorded in England is -27.2.
- The hottest day ever in the UK recorded is 38.5.
- The most rainfall in one day is three metres, that’s as tall as the tallest man!